Wakaf Bharu Railway Station is a short distance from Kota Bharu, from where you can take local bus services and taxi services to the border with Thailand near Sungai Kolok. Trains to Bangkok via Surat Thani depart from Sungai Kolok.
Train Times from Gemas to Wakaf Bharu
There is a single daily train service from Gemas to Wakaf Bharu, which is near Kota Bharu.
|26||01:18||12:37||Ekspress Rakyat Timuran|
Buy Train Tickets from Gemas to Wakaf Bharu
Use the Search Box below to buy your train tickets from Gemas to Wakaf Bharu.
Gemas Railway Station
See more information about Gemas Railway Station
Wakaf Bharu Railway Station
See more information about Wakaf Bharu Railway Station
About travel to Kota Bharu
Gemas Railway Station is connection point between Malaysia’s West Coast and East Coast Train Lines. There are no direct train services from destinations such as Ipoh, Penang and Kuala Lumpur to Wakaf Bharu. You need to change trains in Gemas. Gemas is located 172 km by road to the south east of Kuala Lumpur and 79.2 km to the north east of Melaka.
Travel options to reach Gemas Railway Station:
- From Kuala Lumpur
- By train: Trains to Gemas depart from KL Sentral Station at 11:54 (arriving 14:17) and 21:49 (arriving 00:10).
- By taxi: The journey takes around 75 minutes and costs from 300 to 370 MYR.
- From Melaka
- By bus and train: Bus services to Palau Sebang Railway Station in Tampin depart from Melaka Sentral Station. Trains to Gemas depart at 13:11 (arriving 14:17) and 23:04 (arriving 00:10).
- By taxi: The journey takes around 3 hours and costs from 140 to 170 MYR.
Travel from Wakaf Bharu to Kota Bharu is a lot more simple and cheap than getting to Gemas from the west coast of Malaysia. Bus services into Kota Bharu depart from the main road near the entrance to the Wakaf Bharu Railway Station regularly from 07:00 to 19:00.
- The fare is 1.6 MYR.
- The journey time is about 25 minutes.
- The route is served by Cityliner #19 and Cityliner #27 bus services.
- The final stop is the Stesen Bas Kota Bharu on the Jalan Tok Hakim in Kota Bharu town centre.