If you are planning to travel from Singapore to Ipoh by train then you will need to change train twice, once at Johor Bahru Sentral Station and again at Gemas Railway Station. Direct trains from Johor Bahru to Ipoh have ceased operating.
Train Times to Ipoh
There are 2 direct train services a day from Gemas to Ipoh which you can book online.
Buy Train Tickets to Ipoh
Use the Search Box below to purchase your train tickets from Gemas to Ipoh.
Gemas Railway Station
- Trains to Ipoh depart from Gemas Railway Station.
Ipoh Railway Station
- See more information about Ipoh Railway Station.
Things to Do in Ipoh
Ipoh is a really interesting destination that is growing in popularity. There are some great attractions in Ipoh city itself and also some in the surrounding area. The best things to see in Ipoh City are all located in the Old Town area and you can see them all in an afternoon by walking the Heritage Trail. Amongst the sights on route are Ipoh’s magnificent railway station, completed in 1917, Concubine Lane, Ipoh Town Hall and Ipoh High Court, and lots of very good street art dotted around the Old Town area.
Slightly out of Ipoh City there are also several really great temples and archaeological sites including:
- Sam Poh Tong Temple: Cave temple about 5 km south of Ipoh established by a Chinese monk at the end of the 19th Century.
- Kek Lok Tong Cave Temple: Also 5 km outside Ipoh city centre this cave temple was established in the 1920s. The main cave temple is part of a 12 acre temple complex with lots of interesting features.
- Gua Tambun Cave Paintings: 2,500 to 4,500 year old cave painting of humans and animals located just over 8 km to the east of Ipoh City Centre.