The Journey from Kuala Lumpur to Ipoh in Perak State takes around 2 hours 20 minutes, this is quicker than travelling by bus which takes between 3 hours 10 minutes and 3 hours 30 minutes.
Train Times to Ipoh
There are currently 11 direct train services a day from Kuala Lumpur Sentral Station to Ipoh.
Buy Train Tickets to Ipoh
Use the Search Box below to buy your train tickets from Kuala Lumpur to Ipoh.
Kuala Lumpur Sentral Station
Trains to Ipoh depart from Kuala Lumpur’s KL Sentral Station.
Ipoh Railway Station
Ipoh Railway Station is one of the three grand railway station built by the British colonial rulers and worth taking time to stop and enjoy the splendid architecture.
Ipoh is the capital city of Perak state and the third largest city in Malaysia by population. Ipoh is, however, best known to foreign visitors as the connection point from the railway network to the Cameron Highlands.
Ipoh is a fascinating city with a wide variety of interesting places to visit and things to experience, both in the city and the surrounding area. Here is a short list of some of the highlights of a visit to Ipoh:
- The Gua Tambun Cave Paintings: Caving drawings of animals dating back over 3,000 years.
- Paloh Ku Miao: The oldest Chinese temple in Ipoh.
- Sam Poh Tong Temple: 5 km from Ipoh, this beautiful temple is only accessible by walking through a cave.
- Sri Maha Mariamman Temple Buntong: Tamil temple in Ipoh.
- Ipoh Railway Station: Designed by British architect Arthur Benison Hubback, who also designed the original Kuala Lumur railway station, this grand station building features a mix of Moorish, Mughal and Neo-Classical design influences.
- Gaharu Tea Valley Gopeng: Picturesque tea plantation open to tourists covering over 300 acres.